Fashiontalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Supermodel AU Hetalia Roleplay Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicken Pecking [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Ah, the break room. Always quiet and mostly empty. Hardly anyone got time to use it, unless they were getting coffee for a higher-up or making sure their lunch was still in the fridge. Gilbert plopped down at one of the circular tables in the middle of the deserted room and pulled his shoulder bag into his lap. The first order of business was to take out Gilbird. Poor girl, she’d be in there all day. Placing down a small sheet paper, he took her out of the sack and let her roam around. “Better chickie?” He chuckled as she peeped in response. “Here, have some lunch.” He took out a roll of crackers he kept with him, crumbled one on the piece of paper, and watched her go at it with small peeps of happiness.

He watched her for a moment before taking out his laptop and starting it up. Another reason he loved the break room was the Wi-Fi. As far as he could tell, this was the hottest hot spot in the entire agency. Stretching out as he waited for his laptop to warm up, Gilbert pondered over the shoot her had just come from. It was supposed to be a noir-esque set, and he was only allowed to use black and white. The color was supposed to be the models eyes, skin, and hair. A red head too, with bright blue eyes. She was downright sexy against that black velvet lounge chair, dressed in opera like clothing. Gilbert had designed the set to look like a 1920’s living room, giving it a retro chic appearance. Of course it was good, and he watched the shoot go off without a hitch. After all was said and done, he asked the photographer if he could have a few prints, because damn, she was hot. Well, also he needed to put it in his portfolio, but that was beside the point.

A small ding alerted him that his computer was ready, and giving a small grin, Gil went directly to his favorites and pulled up his blog. Time for some updating.

Back to top Go down
Tino Väinämöinen

Tino Väinämöinen

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:03 am

(( It's cool if I jump in here, right? ))

Tino made a mad dash through the hallway after Hanatamago, who seemed bizzarely excited that day. She must have picked up the scent of someone - or something - and it had captured her interest. Tino was having difficulties keeping up, panting slightly. "H-Hana, come! Stay! Sit! Stoooop!" Skidding to stop in a doorway that Hanatamago had turned into, Tino tried to get himself together a little bit. He couldn't stop though, so he rushed in, just in time to see her take a flying leap at a small bird. "Ack! Hana!" He dashed forward and wrapped his arms around her before she could really sink her teeth into the poor dear, who appeared to belong to a man hunched over a computer, typing up some sort of journal or blog entry.

In his arms, Hanatamago wriggled and tried to escape, whining. Tino flicked her nose and said "No!" in the most commanding voice someone like he could muster, which wasn't all too commanding. It worked, still, and Hanatamago finally went limp, whining slightly. "Damnit, Hana, why do you have to be so difficult right after a photoshoot, huh?" He sunk to the ground tiredly and glanced at the bird-owner-man. "I apologise for the panic that my dog may or may not have induced in you, even momentarily. She's usually so well behaved, I'm not sure what got into her," He explained, stroking her fur gently, confident she was calm again.

"Er... I'm Tino, and I'm a very new model here... Pleasure to meet you." He offered the other his hand to shake, nervously, and ready to pull it away in case it got declined. He'd had that happen to him before, it wouldn't come as a shock to him if it happened again. And Tino didn't really no much about this man. But he was pretty sure that the man was the source of the occasional strange laugh that would echo through the hallways when they weren't so busy (rare, but it happens).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm

(( it's all good~ ))
Sure he heard the barking, but Gil brushed it off as a dog that got loose from a set, or as some prankster playing a recording. It sounded like one of those small dogs though, like the ones prissy girls like to carry around in their purse. Scoffing slightly at the thought, and adding internally that birds were a much better pet, the German continued typing. He described the set in full detail, adding how awesome certain parts were, when the barking grew louder.

And entered the room.

Looking over with a confused expression, he watched the small white dog jump up onto the table. He let out a startled shout and reached for Gilbird, who was already panicking, and scooped her up in his hand as the dog was grabbed. Bringing her to his chest and trying to soothe her, Gil looked up with a slight glare at the other. Really, people should learn to control their animals. Well, at least he seemed to be putting his foot down now.

At the apology, Gilbert felt satisfied. At least the man knew that his dog caused the ruckus, instead of trying to blame Gilbird. The well behaved bit, however, he had slight trouble believing. Brushing it off with a shrug, he took the others hand and gave it a firm shake. "Newbie eh? Then welcome aboard." Chuckling, he put the now calmed chick back on the table where she proceeded to hop and cheep angrily at the pup in Tino's arms. "I'm Gilbert. The most awesome designer in the world." Hey, flaunt what you got. Giving a grin that was more teeth than anything, Gilbert flopped back into his seat. "You just came from a photo-shoot huh?" He asked, remembering his comment from earlier. "Lucky you, to be having a shoot already if you're a newbie. You must be good at posing or something. Ya got a good resume?"
Back to top Go down
Tino Väinämöinen

Tino Väinämöinen

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:51 pm

"Oh, thank you," Tino replied and smiled slightly at the warm welcome the other supplied, trying to keep a tight grip on Hanatamago, who was wriggling madly in his arms. He sighed and paused to flick her nose and watch her yelp and go limp. Not his most preferred method, but it certainly got the job done. Setting Hana on the floor, he was satisfied with how she curled up and turned his attention back to the strangely albino man. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr Gilbert." Why not call him that? The guy never gave him a surname. "Really? Impressive. Your work must look amazing." Tino would offer him a hand to be polite if he hadn't already dropped into his seat rather lazily and quite unprofessionally. Not that Tino really cared...

Nodding, Tino joined him in sitting. "Yeah... It was so intimidating... I guess they wanted to just see if I was a good model like they expected. You see... I kinda signed the contract when I was... Intoxicated. On vodka." Was 'On' the right word to use there? ...Should Tino really care when this guy doesn't look like he cares? "I never handed in any sort of resume..." Ok, now he felt stupid. Like he didn't really work here, which was silly, because he did, definitely. But... Still... Shaking off that feeling with a very physical shake of the head, he went back to smiling pleasantly.

"How long have you been working here? I mean... You're not usually in the places I hang around, I don't think I've ever seen you before," He commented in thought. Still, he shrugged and waited to reply. (Was it bad that he still wanted to shake the other's hand, even though the right time to do it had passed? Come to think of it, had he ever introduced himself? Tino couldn't remember, his mind was jumping around the place...) Mr Gilbert seemed like a very nice man, if somewhat stuck-up. "And I'm sorry again for the whole problem with Hanatamago. She's an annoying little bitch."

(( ... *Just wanted to use that last line in an innocent sentence* Also, if some of this doesn't fit, that's because it was written at 2am ))
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:10 am

"Ha! Mister Gilbert. Never been called that before." Chuckling slightly, the German waved at him to take a seat at the table. No use standing when you could sit. He listened to the other as he explained his first photo shoot. And he really couldn't help the snort that came when he explained he was drunk while signing the contract. That ought to have made a good impression. "So you're a truly new to this whole thing. I thought maybe you were a model else where and just got a step up." Leaning forward, Gilbert broke it down for him. "Ya see, usually a model has what people call a 'resume' or a 'portfolio'. Just like other artist, right?" Giving a grin and a shrug, he went on. "It has all your old pictures of you posing and all the articles or covers you've done. Your first photo shoot that you just did will be the first thing in there now. You better start gathering more. The more you have and the more impressive it is, the more people with hire ya."

He gave Gilbird a small pet and smiled. "Also, you'll probably be receiving prints in the mail or something like that soon of the pictures you just took. I suggest scanning them and uploading them online so you can have them at a moments notice if need be."

Blinking at the question, he let out a burst of laughter. "Well, I'm not exactly a model am I? I'm not going to be under those lights, I'll turn red as a lobster!" He shook his head as Gilbird peeped and went over to Tino, tilting her head this way and that. "I've been working here for a while kid, but you'll never really see me. I'm only here when I need to set up my work or get a new job. I do most of my work at home. I'm a set designer Tino, we're part of the background. We're only here to make you look good." Gilbert gave a shrug and pulled his laptop a little closer.

"Eh? Hanatamago? Weird name for the pup. But it's fine. Happens." Gil waved it off and spellchecked his blog. Gilbird, on the other hand, cheeped angrily as if her owners' words upset her. "What? What? I'm not gonna yell at him for his dog. Besides, he didn't even nip ya. Shush."
Back to top Go down
Tino Väinämöinen

Tino Väinämöinen

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Tino flushed slightly. "Yeah, I'm really new to everything, and don't know what I'm doing." He shook his head, "Never been a model before now." He listened to Gilbert's expalanation of a Resume, nodding. So he should start making one here? That'd make sense. So he should get copies of the pictures he's had taken already and start his resume! Just like Gilbert suggested! And do all the scanning business! And internet stuff! Ah, Gilbert must be a really clever person. Very technologically oriented, at least.

He pouted at the laughter. He didn't mean it that way, he meant around the set, not necessarily in shots. Instead, he stared at the cute little bird which Hanatamago attacked, a small smile on his face. It was cute! ...Was it a he or a she? Tino was not certain. Paying attention to Gilbert's words, he was almost in awe. A set designer! So he must be artistic, creative and patient! At least, those were the common properties of a set designer, whether this man was patient or not was another matter. "Do you enjoy it? Set design, that is..." From what he'd heard, it was a tedious job, full of scrapping ideas and starting again. Everyone who worked here must have tiring jobs, now that Tino came to think of it. His own job did involve a lot of standing around in hot lights, and posing for hours on end until the perfect pictures had been taken.

"Hm, her full name is Bloody Hanatamago, because when I found her on the streets, she was covered in her own blood. It was kind of sad..." He smiled softly, "I nursed her back to health and she's been loyal ever sinse!" He covered his mouth to hide a giggle at the cute little cheeping noises. "Your bird is just darling! Really sweet, I'd say! What's its name? Or did you tell me and I just forgot?" He asked, curiously. In her sleep, Hanatamago started wiggling her limbs about, in a running motion, as though dreaming chasing a rabbit (or Gilbert's bird, perhaps), like all of those hard to believe books say.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm

"Hmm, well they must have seen something in you at least. They wouldn't just hire someone for no reason, now would they?" Gilbert hit enter and watched as the page reloaded, showing the new post on the blog in all its glory. "Awesome." He tilted his head to the side as Tino asked another question. "Eh? Would I do it if I didn't? I mean, I know some people hate their work, but I'm only wiling to devote my time to something worthwhile. And fun to damnit. It's great work."

Grinning, he reached over and petted Gilbird as he continued. "You're in control of the environment. It's almost like playing Gott in a way. You set everything up and watch the model do their best in what's been presented. Of course, some bigwigs gotta make sure they like it, but I never have any of my designs rejected." Yes he had, but Tino didn't need to know that. "Mine are always perfect, and I work hard to make sure they stay that way."

Gilbird cheeped and hopped away from him, going back to observing Tino like the curious little chick she was. Shrugging, Gil went back to his laptop and opened a new tab, checking one of his favorite blogs (one of his friends from back in Germany) before going back to his blog and hitting refresh. He continued to listen as he did this, and couldn't help but snot a little. "Bloody Hanatamago? British are we?" Shaking his head, he looked at the pup in a new light. "Pretty nice of you to take her in though. I usually like the bigger ones, but dogs are cool."

"Oh, her?" He looked over at his little chick, who was now near the edge of the table looking up at Tino with bright eyes. "Her name is Gilbird. Technically she's Gilbird the... fifth? I don't know, she's had a lot of successors."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Pecking [OPEN]   Chicken Pecking [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chicken Pecking [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1